Sun & Moon is an award-winning and creative-led studio, known for producing high-quality animation that’s packed with character. Based in Bristol, we spend our days creating content for series, commercials, online and games. We love what we do and are proud to promote a sociable culture and positive working environment.
We’re looking for a super enthusiastic Production Manager with previous experience in children’s animated tv series productions, to join our team on a fixed-term contract. We look forward to hearing from you!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Production Manager, on a fixed-term contract, on a remote basis. The candidate will be experienced in the day to day aspects of production including scheduling, task assignments, and general administration and organisational tasks. Knowledge of 2D and 3D animation production pipelines is preferable.
The Production Manager guides their Production Team through the management of the production process from pre-production all the way through to post-production and delivery. The Production Manager will keep everything in the animation pipeline running smoothly by supporting all departments with their production requirements and supervising each department with schedule management while remaining within budget as dictated and set by Head of Production/Producer. The Production Manager will look to delegate and supervise subsequent work in their assigned departments and communicate effectively with their Production Coordinators.
The role requires an efficient, effective, organised PM with experience working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We’re looking for a positive person who is a great communicator, who can filter feedback from multiple sources in a clear and concise manner, as well as a great motivator to help keep the team engaged and focused.
- Working closely with the Head of Production to maintain the main schedule and break it down further as we move forward into production and to completion
- Scheduling all departments and managing dependencies between departments to maintain a good forecast across all stages of production
- Being aware of co-pro party schedules and making sure they are adhering to our expected deliveries
- Managing and working with department coordinators
- Attending relevant meetings and reviews, making sure notes are taken by key people and processes and relevant information is shared
- Reviewing task assignments and approval status daily (inc any offsite artists) to ensure the project is on track
- Compiling weekly status reports summarising progress, and highlighting any potential risks or issues.
- Working closely with Head of Production/Producer, Director, Leads and Edit including creating daily to do lists where required
- Direct liaison with clients for ground-level deliveries and communications.
- General administration and organisation tasks.
- Liaising with all crew, your line managers and the HR department to ensure that any crew concerns and queries are attended to promptly
- Working knowledge of FTP and Dropbox software software
- Knowledge of Shotgun asset tracking and database software is essential
- Ensuring Shotgun is kept up to date and that there is a clear workflow for all processes and pipelines
- 3+ years’ TV or feature film production experience
- 2D and 3D animation process experience is essential
- Experience of working with senior-level managers
- Previous experience working on a co-pro with and overseas partner would be ideal but not essential
- Supportive and assistive
- Experience in database work and maintaining tracking documents
- A good understanding of schedules and coordinating task deadlines
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Strong organisational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
Strong attention to detail
- Must be comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to act on own initiative and strong problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise
- Ability to deal with a busy, pressurised environment, where priorities can change quickly
- Understanding of the need for absolute confidentiality
- Enthusiasm and positivity and an eagerness to learn and develop
Here at Sun & Moon we like to keep things pretty relaxed (it works most of the time). The current tools in our constant strive for chill include:
20 days holiday (pro rata) // Bank Holidays // Day off on your birthday if it falls Monday to Friday // The Friday playlist // 1 hour lunch break // Flexitime // 35 hr working week
Dependant on experience
Sun & Moon Studios,
Unit 2.5 Paintworks,
Currently on a remote basis
come work with us!!
how to apply
Does this sound like the perfect role for you?
Send us your CV & any relevant experience to: email@example.com
Email Title: Production Manager
- All applicants must hold EU Citizenship or have a valid UK work visa
- Due to the amount of interest we receive, unfortunately we can only reply to people that we invite to interview
We’d like to live in a world that is fair and equal. But in the meantime, we will be the change that we want to see, creating more opportunities for diversity in the industry.